If you are a user of
[pcr] you should upgrade to
biber now that it's provided as a
[community] package. This means uninstalling the old package (and its dependents) through pacman; the new one has a different name and you won't get it as part of a system upgrade.
texlive-bibtexextra includes the functionality of
A fully free, simple, and lightweight operating system
You've reached the website of the Parabola GNU/Linux-libre operating system. The Parabola project is a community driven effort to provide a fully Free (as in freedom) operating system that is simple and lightweight.
Derived from Arch (the GNU/Linux distribution), Parabola provides packages from it that meet the Free System Distribution Guidelines (FSDG) and replacements for the packages that don't meet this requirement. Packages are provided for the i686, x86_64, and armv7h architectures.
If you are a user of
We're very happy to announce that we have some recorded moments of our participation available in Parabola.
Today we're announcing that Parabola will take part in the first edition of Software e Cultura no Brasil, the Free Software seminary organized by the Federal University of ABC (Portuguese: Universidade Federal do ABC, UFABC) in São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil on August 15-16 2016.
This year’s edition, Parabola will have its official seminary at August 16, 10:00 hrs (UTC-3) in Brazilian Portuguese language. The speaker will be again our Parabola dev called André Silva (known as Emulatorman).
By the way, we want to thank Murilo Machado and the Federal University of ABC for the support to ...
Dual architecture (i686 and x86_64):
- Main ISO - Live ISO image for installation and recovery.
- MATE desktop ISO - Live ISO image for installation and recovery (with MATE Desktop Environment).
- TalkingParabola ISO - Live ISO image for installation and recovery (adapted for blind and visually impaired users).
- [Mate desktop ISO]: Fixed read and write permissions in $HOME folder.   
- [Mate desktop ISO]: Added instant messaging and video calling applications such as mate-extra, linphone, qtox. 
- [Mate desktop ISO]: Added octopi-cachecleaner, octopi-notifier and octopi-repoeditor since it is needed for octopi that is our powerful Pacman frontend by default. 
- [Mate desktop ...
Today we're announcing that the Parabola community is grateful to the
EOMA68 project for choosing Parabola as the default system distribution for one of its products, the
Libre Tea Computer Card. The EOMA68 is a new crowdfunding project on CrowdSupply, aiming to create a computer which:
Is seeking RYF certification
Is easy to repair yourself
Is easily upgradeable
Doesn't cost the Earth (literally and figuratively!)
EOMA68 (named Embedded Open Modular Architecture) is also the name of a standard to connect computers to various other components, allowing end-users to choose which components to use. This means ...
- [FISL17] Conference video and stand photos are available!
- New install medium 2016.07.09
- Parabola will take part in FISL17
- Parabola will take part in Coliberator 2016
- Parabola receives VPS Sponsorship from 1984 Hosting Company
- Parabola has a new mascot called Bola
- [From Arch] Required update to pacman-5.0.1 before 2016-04-23
- Gandi sponsors Parabola's domain name
- Robofun sponsors Parabola ARM port with a BBB board
- [From Arch] PHP 7.0 packages released